We are committed to providing you an excellent service. However, should we fall short of this, we want you to let us know so we can put things right. This will help us to resolve the problem as soon as
If you have a complaint;
- Please contact Robert Dudden, our Director responsible for client care. You can contact Robert on 02922 338363, by email to email@example.com, or by post to;
Gateway 2 Conveyancing
Suite 1, 8th Floor
If it is inappropriate for Robert to investigate your complaint for any reason, we will appoint another Director of the firm and confirm this to you within 24 hours.
- Once we have received your complaint, we will contact you within 48 hours to explain how your complaint will be investigated. We will respond fully to your complaint in full within 8 weeks of receipt.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you will be given the opportunity to request a review of your complaint by an alternative Director within our company. You will be told about the conclusion of this review within 28 days. The process for this request will be set out within your full response to your complaint.
- The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint
- No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
- No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.
- If, after following the review process, you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of how we handled your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman to ask them to consider the complaint further.
Their contact details are below :
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton,WV1 9WJ
Tel no: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 – 17.00
5. Please note that there are alternative complaints bodies (such as Promediate (www.promediate.co.uk) and ADR Group www.effectivedisputesolutions.co.uk/other-bodies/adrgroup)) which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.